Saturday, August 18, 2012

August 18 - Madisonville, TN

Safely back at home in TN!  Mom and Dad picked me up from the airport last night and we ate at Cracker Barrel, good American food!  I really enjoyed the free refills, honey mustard, and ice.

I had fun the last day in Leuven.  Andrew, Walter, and I went on a nice bike ride.  We got kind of lost, but eventually found the natural drinking water spring and the military cemetery.  That night, we went to eat at Nachtuil, the Belgian food place.  We all went through our greatest memories/funniest moment, and it was just the most perfect ending to a perfect trip.  We went out dancing that night, even though we weren't really planning to since we had to get up early.  Oh well, last night in Leuven!  I got up early Friday to say goodbye to everyone and check out of our dorm room.  Sean, Andrew, and I went to the airport at 8am.  Dorina came along, mainly to say goodbye to Sean...  We ran in to Mark Molar, Posey, Mark Clark, Rob, and Alex at the airport, so that was funny/good to see them.  I had an uneventful flight home.

It felt good to sleep in my own bed last night and take a shower in a spacious bathroom.  I've eaten a BLT and PB&J sandwich today, classic American food!  I am planning to move to Charlotte on Thursday and I start my internship Monday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment