Thursday, August 16, 2012

July 16- Final day in Leuven

Yesterday were final exams.  I really felt prepared for them, but I was so not prepared enough...  eeek.  Dr. Munster's test was really tricky, even though it was all multiple choice.  I made a few stupid calculation mistakes, and I just felt horrible leaving the exam.  Luckily, he sent us our grades that afternoon and  I didn't do terrible on the final.  And I made an A in the class.  We haven't gotten our scores back for Dr. Engler's exam yet.  Unfortunately, the multiple choice section on that exam was also very tricky.  I feel okay about it though and my other grades are good.

Last night, we had our last group dinner at La Cucaracha, "the best Mexican food in town."  I created a facebook poll and that's where people wanted to go so I made the reservation.  Dr. Munster and Mia were supposed to come, but I guess they couldn't find the restaurant.  Our food and margaritas were delicious, but it was sooo hot in there.  Nobody has air conditioning in Belgium and it was about 85 yesterday!  AC is one thing I'm looking forward to in the US.      

We came back to the house after dinner then went dancing later that night.  A lot of places were closed because it was a Belgiun national holiday.  Towards the end of the night, we went to the bar right outside our house and played Foosball and pool.  Mark and I played the piano there.  It was way our of tune, and we could only remember about 5 good songs, but we actually sounded surprisingly good.

Today I'm cleaning up my room, taking my bike back to Velo, and packing.  My flight leaves Brussels at noon tomorrow and I'll be in Knoxville at 6 pm.  I just can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow!  I have made so many amazing friends this trip and I am going to miss them soooo much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment